This is the Dr. Navarro de Andrade plant nursery of Companhia Paulista, located in the city of Rio Claro, SP. Many studies about the production and use of eucaliptus trees for firewood and sleepers were developed in that location by Dr. Navarro de Andrade, that died in 1941. These studies were also very useful for the cellulose and paper industries. This photo was originally published in a FEPASA magazine especially edited during the celebration of its 20th anniversary. This copy was kindly sent by Hermes Yoiti Hinuy, from São Paulo SP.
Return to C.P.E.F. - The Road Page.
© Antonio Augusto Gorni