In the late forties Companhia Paulista purchased additional steeple-cab switching electric locomotives from General Electric. They were nicknamed baratonas (big sow bugs), certainly to distinguish them from the 1920 series of this same kind of loco. These machines were originally green, but the paint environmental aging changed this color to brown. A similar locomotive can be seen with the first FEPASA livery. Photo by Ivanir Barbosa, from Jundiaí SP, shot near the station of this city in 1971; copy kindly sent by Paulo Cury.
Return to C.P.E.F. Electric Locomotives Page.
© Antonio Augusto Gorni